Win a £450
Bertinet cookery class voucher
Nothing beats the smell of delicious home-cooked food or freshly baked bread filling your home. With that in mind, this month’s prize is a £450 voucher to put towards a class at The Bertinet Kitchen in Bath, home to award-winning baker Richard Bertinet, whose cookery school is for people of all skills and anyone who loves freshly prepared food. We’ve also got a Bertinet Kitchen recipe book and a Charlie Bigham’s voucher for five runners-up.
Monthly Prize Draw - Bertinet Cookery
We’ve joined with the brilliant bakery and cookery school The Bertinet Kitchen to give away a £450 voucher to one of their prestigious cookery classes. As food obsessives ourselves, we love the approach of founder Richard Bertinet, the legendary French chef who’s devoted his life to the perfection of sourdough. As well as baking amazing bread, he runs a range of expert (and fun) courses in baking and cooking, alongside a crew of guest chefs. Whatever your passion, from bread to patisserie, curries to Christmas, there’s a class for you.
This prize comes from…
Since starting his Bath bakery in 2005, French-born Richard Bertinet has won numerous awards and helped revolutionise home baking in the UK. As well as baking a range of delicious breads that might just change your life (or at least your breakfast), he also runs his Bertinet Kitchen, hosting cookery classes that teach the skills of bread-making, patisserie and a whole range of cuisines and cooking styles. Thebertinetkitchen.com
And our runners-up prizes
We also have a beautiful Richard Bertinet’s recipe book and £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher to give away to five runners-up. All our meals and puddings are prepared by hand, using the very best ingredients in our own kitchens just as you would at home.
Terms & Conditions
For clarity, an additional prize draw has been added for December.
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
- Promotion Period: This Promotion commences on 00:01 BST on the 01 October 2022 and closes at 23:59 GMT on the 31 December 2022 inclusive. See the table below for Monthly Prize Draw Entry Dates.
|Monthly Prize Draw||Entry Dates||Prize Available|
|1||00:01 BST on 01/10/2022 – 23:59 GMT on 31/10/2022||
|2||00:00 GMT on 01/11/2022 – 23:59 GMT on 30/11/2022||
|3||00:00 GMT on 01/12/2022 – 23:59 GMT on 31/12/2022||
- To Enter: Visit www.bighams.com/win-prizes and complete the online form to provide your details (first name, last name, postal address including postcode and email address) to be entered into the Prize Draw.
- Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person per Monthly Prize Draw. No person may win more than 1 Prize across the entire Promotion Period.
- The Prize: There will be a total of 18 winners, 6 winners per Monthly Prize Draw. The following Prizes are available to be won:
- Main Prize: 3 x Winners (1 per Monthly Prize Draw) will win 1 x £450 Bertinet Kitchen Gift Voucher to be used at The Bertinet Kitchen Cookery School
- Runner Up Prize: Winners: 15 x winners (5 per Monthly Prize Draw) will win 1 x £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher and 1 x Bertinet cookbook.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- Main Prize:
- The voucher can be used at The Bertinet Kitchen Cookery School, used at The Bertinet Kitchen Cookery School.
- The voucher can be used for 2 places on a 1-day course with Richard Bertinet.
- The voucher is valid for 1 year from the date of acceptance.
- Please see here for more details.
- The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
- You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of the prize. Whilst at the event/venue, you must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
- The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the Promoter if the cookery course or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
- Runner-Up Prizes:
- Bigham’s vouchers
- The voucher entitles the winning entrant to £10.00 off any Charlie Bigham’s product at participating stores only, subject to availability, while stocks last. Range stocked at selected stores. Not redeemable online.
- October and November vouchers valid until 1st December 2023.
- December vouchers valid until 1 May 2023.
- Only one dish per transaction.
- Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Photocopies will not be accepted.
- No change will be given.
- Winners will not receive any refund if the full £10 gift voucher is not used.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming the prize.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the voucher prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- Bigham’s vouchers
- Main Prize:
- Winner Selection: 18 provisional winners (6 per Monthly Prize Draw) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification: The provisional winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the provisional winner. Once eligibility has been confirmed, the provisional winner will be confirmed as a winner. If the provisional winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. The reserve winner may have less time to respond.
- Prize Acceptance: Notification to arrange fulfilment of the Prize will take place within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their Prize the winner must inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
- Provided no objection is received from the winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the winner will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available at www.bighams.com/winners/. The winner can object to their details being published during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority when requested by them.
- The Promoter may request that the winner participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified. Any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
- Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
- Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
- Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
- Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
- Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
- Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize for another of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion (JS13297) or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
- If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
- By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Charlie Bigham’s, Coriander House, 2 McNicol Drive, London NW10 7AW.
How do I enter the prize draw to win a £450 Bertinet Kitchen cookery course or a £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher and Bertinet recipe book?
All you need to do is scan the QR code on our new packaging, which will take you to our entry form to win a £450 Bertinet Kitchen cookery course or a £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher and Bertinet recipe book. Then complete your details and submit your entry. Alternatively, just enter the URL bighams.com, which will take you to the home page of our website, from which you can easily get to. You will then be entered into a prize draw which will be drawn at the end of each month. if you have won the £450 Bertinet Kitchen cookery course, they will get in touch with you and tell you how to claim your prize. If you have won a £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher and Bertinet recipe book, Charlie Bigham’s will get in touch with you and send you your prize. Purchase is not required to enter this giveaway.
How do I scan a QR code to enter?
It is a simple three-step process:
- Open the Camera app from the home screen of your phone or tablet or – if you have one – a dedicated QR or Barcode Reader.
- Hold your phone or tablet so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder.
- A notification will appear taking you directly to the entry form, which you complete for the chance to win a £450 Bertinet Kitchen cookery course or a £10 Charlie Bigham’s voucher and Bertinet recipe book.
What are the dates of the offer?
All entries must be made between 1st October and 30th November 2022. Entries are limited to one per person per monthly period.
What products have the QR code on their packs?
You should be able to find a QR code on all Charlie Bigham’s products from June 13th 2022. However, not all our new packaging will be in-store at the same time. If the pack you have bought does not have a QR code, you can still enter the giveaway by typing the URL bighams.com into your browser.
Can I enter more than once? Entries are limited to one per person per monthly period. Therefore, you may enter up to two times during the total period of the giveaway.
Why is there no phone number I can call for help? Phone lines can get tied up – and it’s no fun to be on hold! If you’ve got any questions that aren’t answered here, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!