THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY & FRAGRANT RICE
Tender chicken in our Thai red curry sauce with coconut, edamame beans, lime leaf and lemongrass. Served with delicately fragrant rice. Stunning!
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas
- Remove the film but leave the Thai red curry and rice in their wooden trays*.
- IMPORTANT! To cook the rice thoroughly, unfold the foil we’ve hidden under the wooden tray and tightly wrap over the top of it.
- Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
A little bit
on the side
THAI SPINACH BITES
1 chopped up lime
1cm piece of ginger, chopped
1 shallot, finely sliced
½ chilli, chopped
½ tbsp coriander leaves
1 tbsp peanuts
A dash of fish sauce
A sprinkle of sugar
6-8 baby spinach leaves
Mix together the limes, ginger, shallot, chilli, coriander and peanuts. Season with a dash of fish sauce and a sprinkle of sugar. Lay the spinach leaves on a platter and place a spoonful of the mix on each.
We think this dish calls for a good Languedoc white. When paired with this spicily fragrant dish, you'll really notice the beautiful aromatics of the wine.