How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized frying pan.
- Add the chicken and vegetables and fry over a medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Give the sachet of sauce a gentle shake and add its contents to the pan. Bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes then serve. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
A little bit
on the side
STIR-FRIED VEGETABLE NOODLES
75g dried medium rice noodles
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
25g raw peanuts or cashew nuts, chopped
4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
½ tsp hot chilli powder
1 medium egg, beaten
50g beansprouts, washed and drained
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
½ tsp caster sugar
1. Half fill a large saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil. Add the rice noodles and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for 2 minutes then drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a medium pan and stir-fry the garlic and nuts for 1 minute, until the nuts begin to turn golden. Add the spring onions and chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the egg and cook until set, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the beansprouts and noodles to the pan and sprinkle with the lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing all the ingredients together until hot. Serve with your freshly prepared Charlie Bigham’s Thai Green Chicken Curry.
Light yet complex curries like our Thai Green Chicken work very well with young New World rieslings. We’d recommend something with a crisp, appley, wake-me-up finish. Something like South Australia's Clare Valley, perhaps.