How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/ gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill
- Remove the film but leave the sweet & sour chicken and rice in their wooden trays*.
- Unfold the foil we’ve provided and tightly wrap over the top of the rice.
- Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 25 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
a pinch of chilli flakes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
225g green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix the honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the green beans.
3. Cook for 2 to 3 mins on a high-ish heat, then add the garlic and ginger. Keep cooking until the garlic is golden brown – it should only take a minute.
4. Add the sauce and stir-fry for another minute. Add salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish and serve.
Chinese flavours can make for a tricky pairing, but a fruity riesling usually works rather well. Failing that, a crisp lager such as Tiger would make a brilliant match.