Stir-Fry Chicken Pad Thai
Fresh chicken breast in a sweet, zesty sauce, with edamame beans, roasted peanuts and rice noodles.
How to Cook
This recipe contains some raw vegetables and raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized frying pan.
- Add the chicken and vegetables and fry over a medium to high heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Give the sachet of sauce a gentle shake, add its contents to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and green vegetables, stirring them regularly and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the sauce has been absorbed by the noodles.
- Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
Water, chicken (22%), rice noodles (18%) (rice flour, water), carrots, onions, tamarind chutney (jaggery, tamarind, cumin, salt, acidity regulator: acetic acid*, black pepper, cardamom, chillies, cinnamon, cloves, dried ginger), edamame beans (soya), spring onions, peanuts, anchovy extract (fish), soy sauce (water, soya beans, wheat, salt), honey, coriander, ginger purée, lime juice, salt, rapeseed oil, red chillies**, lemongrass, garlic purée, tamarind, sugar.
*Don’t worry, this is commonly found in chutney.
**As you would expect, this has a bit of a kick.
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens used in this recipe, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients highlighted in bold above. This recipe may also contain traces of nuts and sesame.
Goes Best With
Chopped salad with sesame and garlic and ginger dressing.
For the salad:
¼ cucumber cut into matchsticks
A big handful of bean sprouts
1 carrot peeled and cut into match sticks
3 finely chopped spring onions
1 tbsp roasted cashews
1 tbsp chopped corrinader
For the dressing:
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1 clove garlic crushed
½ tbsp crushed ginger
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cider vinegar vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
Juice of ½ lime
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and toss with the salad ingredients. Top with roasted cashews and chopped fresh coriander.
A citrusy IPA or a Riesling.