How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove pie from the box. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place the pie on a tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes, before gently removing from the case. Be careful, it will be hot. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress.
A little bit
on the side
CLASSIC CREAMY CHAMP
2 spring onions, finely sliced
30g double cream
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Simmer until tender and drain.
2. Add the butter and double cream, then mash the potatoes until smooth.
3. Stir through the spring onions and season to taste.
This pie calls for a glass of deep, full-bodied red. A robust Languedoc red or an Argentinian malbec would be just the thing.