How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas
mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the cannelloni in their wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
A little bit
on the side
BEEF TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL AND BALSAMIC SALAD
2 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Arrange the slices of tomato on a plate and layer with basil leaves.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad and finish off with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with some warm crusty bread and a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni.
Like our lasagne, this is a dish that demands to be eaten with a glass of red wine in hand. A medium-bodied merlot or chianti would be ideal.