How to Cook
This recipe has some raw ingredients so please do not microwave. If you have chosen to freeze this dish, please defrost fully before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove the film but leave the cannelloni in their wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes (add 5 minutes if using a gas oven).
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are overproof but don’t grill or place near element/flame.
Goes Best With
BEEF TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL AND BALSAMIC SALAD
2 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Arrange the slices of tomato on a plate and layer with basil leaves.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad and finish off with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with some warm crusty bread and a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni.
Like our lasagne, this is a dish that demands to be eaten with a glass of red wine in hand. A medium-bodied merlot or chianti would be ideal.