How to Cook
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7. Be careful not to grill by mistake!
- Remove the film but leave the carbonara in its wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven (away from any element or flame) and cook for 25 mins. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly covering all the spaghetti with the sauce. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Goes Best With
FRESH GREEN SALAD
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Spaghetti Carbonara and some warm crusty bread.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.