Spaghetti with our creamy carbonara sauce, topped with smoked pancetta lardons.
How to Cook
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7. Be careful not to grill by mistake!
- Remove the film but leave the carbonara in its wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven (away from any element or flame) and cook for 25 mins. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly covering all the spaghetti with the sauce. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Spaghetti (water, durum wheat semolina, salt, sunflower oil), milk, cream (milk), Cheddar cheese (milk), bacon (6%) (pork, salt, preservatives: sodium nitrite*, antioxidant: ascorbic acid), onions, smoked ham hock (3%) (pork, salt, antioxidant: sodium ascorbate, preservatives: sodium nitrite, potassium nitrate*), white wine, Regato cheese (milk), Grana Padano cheese (milk, preservative: lysozyme** (egg)), parsley, cornflour, garlic purée, vegetable stock (salt, dried onions, sugar, dried leeks, sunflower oil, ground black pepper, ground turmeric), rapeseed oil, black pepper, salt.
Secret ingredient: obsession.
*Don’t worry, these are part of the traditional curing method of bacon and smoked ham hock.
**Don’t worry this is traditionally used in Grana Padano cheese.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May contain peanuts, nuts, sesame, soya and mustard.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
Goes Best With
FRESH GREEN SALAD
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Spaghetti Carbonara and some warm crusty bread.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.