How to Cook
- This recipe is made with some raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the shepherd’s pie in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
BEEF TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL AND BALSAMIC SALAD
2 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Arrange the slices of tomato on a plate and layer with basil leaves.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad and finish off with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with some warm crusty bread and a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Shepherd’s Pie.
You can’t go wrong here with a good glass of fruity red wine. A bordeaux or rioja would be perfect. British pale ales are lovely with this, too.