How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas mark 6.
- Remove the film but leave the sausages and mash in their wooden trays*.
- Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
GARDEN PEAS WITH MINTED BUTTER
200g green peas (about 500g of fresh pods, or you could use frozen)
¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
10g fresh mint, chopped
1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in small frying pan. Add onions and sauté for about 5 mins until they are tender.
2. In a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover the bottom and keep the peas from scorching (about 4 tbsp). Add the peas and onion. Cover and cook over a medium heat until the peas are tender (about 5—10 minutes, depending on size and freshness). If the butter is not at room temperature, melt it while the peas are cooking.
3. When the peas are done, drain them, then add the butter and mint.
Smooth dry white wines, like chardonnay, would be our tipple of choice here. Either that or a bright, fruity cider.