How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220 °C/200°C/Gas Mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film, then lift the two salmon en croutes out of their wooden tray and place them directly on a baking tray, together with the greaseproof paper. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 22 minutes until golden brown. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Make sure they’re piping hot throughout and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress!
Goes Best With
GLAZED CARROTS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
3 medium carrots, peeled
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Cut the carrots into batons and cook in boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the sugar snap peas for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain well, then return to the pan with butter, honey and the parsley.
3. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss together until the butter melts.
A buttery chardonnay or similarly smooth, dry white wine would be utterly delish with this rather