How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove pie from the box. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place the pie on a tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Leave to stand for 4 minutes, before gently removing from the case. Be careful, it will be hot.
Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress.
A little bit
on the side
GARDEN PEAS WITH MINTED BUTTER
200g peas (from about 500g of fresh pods, or frozen if you prefer)
25g butter + 2 tbsp (to sauté the onions)
¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
10g fresh mint, chopped
1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a small frying pan, dd the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. In a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover the base and keep the peas from scorching (about 4 tbsp). Add the peas and onion, then cover and cook over a medium heat until the peas are tender (about 5—10 minutes, depending on size and freshness). If the butter is not at room temperature, melt it while the peas are cooking.
3. Drain the peas, add the butter and mint and stir through.
To bring out the flavours in the pie, try serving with a delightfully dry cider – perhaps a chilled glass of scrumpy.