How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove pie from the box. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place the pie on a tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Leave to stand for 4 minutes, before gently removing from the case. Be careful, it will be hot.
Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress.
A little bit
on the side
GLAZED CARROTS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
3 medium carrots, peeled
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Cut the carrots into batons and cook in boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the sugar snap peas for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain well, then return to the pan with butter, honey and the parsley.
3. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss together until the butter melts.
Why not open a bottle of cool, crisp white wine to enjoy with your pie? A glass of sauvignon blanc would be the perfect match.