How to Cook
- This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the Moussaka in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
FRESH GREEN SALAD
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Moussaka and some warm, crusty bread.
Like our lasagne, this is a dish that demands to be eaten with a glass of red wine in hand. A medium-bodied merlot or chianti would be ideal.