MOUSSAKA (FOR ONE)
Slow-cooked lamb ragù with tomato and mint, layered with potatoes, roasted aubergines and our creamy béchamel sauce. Wonderful!
How to Cook
- This recipe is made with some raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas
- Remove the film but leave the moussaka in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Milk, lamb (19%), potatoes, aubergine (9%), tomatoes, cream (milk), water, onions, passata, rapeseed oil, butter (milk), wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), Cheddar cheese (milk), white wine, tomato purée, pasteurised free-range egg yolk, garlic purée, parsley, lamb stock (lamb extract, water, yeast extract, sugar, cornflour, onion concentrate, salt, rosemary oil, thyme oil), cornflour, salt, breadcrumbs (wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), salt, yeast, colours: colour caramel and colour paprika extract, sugar, sunflower oil, turmeric extract), Regato cheese (milk), oregano, thyme, ground coriander, black pepper, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground cayenne pepper, ground pimento, ground bay leaf, dried mint.
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May also contain nuts, peanuts and sesame.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
A little bit
on the side
FRESH GREEN SALAD (FOR ONE)
½ head of romaine lettuce
½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 to 1 ½ plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Moussaka and some warm crusty bread.
Like our lasagne, this is a dish that demands to be eaten with a glass of red wine in hand. A medium-bodied merlot or chianti would be ideal.