How to Cook
- This recipe is made with some raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas
- Remove the film but leave the moussaka in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
FRESH GREEN SALAD (FOR ONE)
½ head of romaine lettuce
½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 to 1 ½ plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Moussaka and some warm crusty bread.
Like our lasagne, this is a dish that demands to be eaten with a glass of red wine in hand. A medium-bodied merlot or chianti would be ideal.