How to Cook
This recipe contains some raw ingredients, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized frying pan.
2. Add the chicken and vegetables and fry over a medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Give the sachet of sauce a gentle shake and add its contents to the pan. Bring to the boil, simmer for 4 minutes then serve. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
Our Chef Recommends
Our fabulously moreish tagine will fill your kitchen with its sweetly spiced, fragrant warmth. Perfect for anyone who enjoys a taste of the exotic.More about ABI
A little bit
on the side
FINE GREEN BEANS WITH ORANGE AND CHICKPEA MASH
150g fine green beans
410g can of chickpeas
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice and zest of ½ an orange
1. Cook the beans in boiling water for 5 to 6 mins until tender. Empty the chickpeas, including the water in the tin, into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until hot.
2. Drain the beans and return to the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and finely grated orange zest. Cook gently for
1 to 2 mins.
3. Drain the chickpeas and return to the pan with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Roughly mash with a potato masher and serve with your freshly cooked Charlie Bigham’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
White wines with fresh citrus flavours, like sauvignon blanc or chablis, are the perfect partners here; they cut through the spice and richness of the dish, while holding up the tartness of the lemon juice and olives.