Macaroni pasta in our traditional creamy cheese sauce, topped with crispy pancetta and ciabatta croutons.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the macaroni cheese in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
Milk, macaroni pasta (water, durum wheat semolina), Cheddar cheese (19%) (milk), water, cream (milk), mozzarella cheese (3%) (milk), white wine, bacon (pork, salt, preservatives: sodium nitrite*, antioxidant: ascorbic acid), ciabatta breadcrumbs (wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), sunflower oil, olive oil, yeast, salt, sea salt), Regato cheese (milk), butter (milk), wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), Grana Padano cheese (milk, preservative: lysozyme** (egg)),mustard powder, cornflour, salt, rapeseed oil, parsley, black pepper, ground nutmeg, white pepper, rosemary.
“Secret ingredient: obsession.
*Don’t worry, this is part of the traditional curing method for bacon.
**Don’t worry this is traditionally used in Grana Padano cheese.”
WARNING: Not suitable for vegetarians.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May contain peanuts, nuts, sesame and soya.
We want our dishes to be as delicious as they can possibly be, so we review and improve our recipes regularly. For the latest info on any dish, please check the packaging.
Goes Best With
OVEN ROASTED PLUM TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD
6 plum tomatoes, halved, seeds (not cores) removed
1 tbsp good olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g fresh, salted mozzarella
12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 135ºC/115ºC fan/
gas mark 1.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut sides up, in a single layer.
Drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic, sugar, 1 ½ tsp salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices slightly less than half an inch thick and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve at room temperature with a freshly baked
Charlie Bigham’s Macaroni Cheese.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.