How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!).
- Remove the film but leave the macaroni cheese in its wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Goes Best With
OVEN ROASTED PLUM TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD (FOR ONE)
3 plum tomatoes, halved, seeds (not cores) removed
1/2 tbsp good olive oil, plus more for drizzling
3/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
225g fresh, salted mozzarella
6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 135ºC/gas 1/fan oven 115ºC.
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut-sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic, sugar, 1 ½ tsp salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
3. Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature.
4. Cut the mozzarella into slices slightly less than half an inch thick and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve at room temperature with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Macaroni Cheese.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.