How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!).
- Remove the film but leave the lasagne in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
A little bit
on the side
ROCKET AND PARMESAN SALAD WITH ROASTED RED ONIONS
4 medium red onions
½ bag of rocket (or mixed green salad leaves)
25g parmesan shavings
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small clove of garlic
The juice of 1 lime
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Peel and cut each onion into approximately 2cm wedges, and arrange these in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush the slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a high shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until they are beginning to look toasted at the edges and feel tender when pierced with a fork.
2. While the onions are cooking, crush the garlic into a mixing bowl, add the salt and then whisk in the lime juice, olive oil and a good twist of black pepper.
3. Remove the onions from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Pour the dressing over the onions while they are still warm, tossing them around to coat with dressing. Leave them until they’re quite cool.
4. To assemble the salad, arrange the ingredients in layers; first a layer of rocket leaves, then onions and then flakes of parmesan. Sprinkle with the dressing as you go. Continue like this, finishing off with a layer of parmesan, and serve with Charlie Bigham’s Lasagne and a loaf of warm ciabatta straight from the oven.
A meaty lasagne and a glass of red wine is a classic combo. We’d plump for a medium-bodied Italian red, like chianti, or a cabernet sauvignon.