LASAGNE (FOR ONE)
Slow-cooked beef and pork ragù with white wine and oregano, layered with egg pasta and topped with our creamy béchamel sauce.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the lasagne in its wooden tray.
- Place the wooden tray on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins. (Make sure the wooden tray isn’t placed close to any element of flame).
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s hot throughout.
Milk, tomatoes, egg pasta (durum wheat semolina, water, free-range egg), British beef (11%), white wine, Cheddar cheese (milk), smoked bacon (7%) (pork, salt, preservatives: potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, antioxidant: sodium ascorbate*), British pork (6%), onions, tomato purée, cream (milk), carrots, wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), celery, rapeseed oil, butter (milk), balsamic vinegar of Modena (wine vinegar, concentrated grape must), cornflour, chicken liver, beef stock (yeast extract, water, beef bone stock, salt, molasses, tomato purée, dried onions, sunflower oil, black pepper), garlic purée, oregano, salt, sugar, parsley, black pepper, ground nutmeg, ground star anise, white pepper.
*Used in the curing of smoked bacon.
Secret ingredient: obsession
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens see ingredients in bold. May contain peanuts, nuts, sesame, soya and mustard.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
Goes Best With
ROCKET AND PARMESAN SALAD WITH ROASTED RED ONIONS
2 medium red onions
¼ bag of rocket (or mixed green salad leaves)
13g parmesan shavings
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ small clove of garlic
The juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Peel and cut each onion into approximately 2cm wedges, and arrange these in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush the slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a high shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until they are beginning to look toasted at the edges and feel tender when pierced with a fork.
2. While the onions are cooking, crush the garlic into a mixing bowl, add the salt and then whisk in the lime juice, olive oil and a good twist of black pepper.
3. Remove the onions from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Pour the dressing over the onions while they are still warm, tossing them around to coat with dressing. Leave them until they’re quite cool.
4. To assemble the salad, arrange the ingredients in layers; first a layer of rocket leaves, then onions and then flakes of parmesan. Sprinkle with the dressing as you go. Continue like this, finishing off with a layer of parmesan, and serve with a loaf of warm ciabatta straight from the oven.
A meaty lasagne and a glass of red wine is a classic combo. We’d plump for a medium-bodied Italian red, like chianti, or a cabernet sauvignon.