How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!).
- Remove the film but leave the fish pie in its wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
A little bit
on the side
GARDEN PEAS WITH MINTED BUTTER
200g green peas (from about 500g of fresh pods, or you could use frozen)
2 tbsp butter (to sauté the onions)
¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
10g fresh mint, chopped
1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in small frying pan. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 mins until tender.
2. In a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover the bottom and keep the peas from scorching (about 4 tbsp). Add the peas and onion. Cover and cook over a medium heat until the peas are tender (about 5—10 minutes, depending on size and freshness). If the butter is not at room temperature, melt it while the peas are cooking.
3. When the peas are done, drain them, then add the butter and mint. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Fish Pie.
A dry, Italian white wine like a soave would be lovely with this, as would a sparkling white wine or champagne, if you’re feeling a bit flash.