How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
2. Remove the film but leave the fish pie in its wooden tray*.
3. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 mins.
4. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Goes Best With
GARDEN PEAS WITH MINTED BUTTER
100g green peas (from about 500g of fresh pods, or you could use frozen)
1 tbsp butter (to sauté the onions)
¼ small onion, thinly sliced
5g fresh mint, chopped
1. Melt the 1 tbsp of butter in small frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 mins until they tender.
2. In a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover the bottom and keep the peas from scorching (about 4 tbsp). Add the peas and onion. Cover and cook over a medium heat until the peas are tender (about 5—10 minutes, depending on size and freshness). If the butter is not at room temperature, melt it while the peas are cooking.
3. When the peas are done, drain them, then add the butter and mint.
A dry, Italian white wine like a soave would be lovely with this, as would a sparkling white wine or champagne, if you’re feeling a bit flash.