Tender minced British beef, slow-cooked with red wine and thyme, then topped with our creamy mashed potato, Cheddar cheese, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the cottage pie in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Potatoes, British beef (34%), carrots, onions, red wine, celery, cream (milk), Cheddar cheese (milk), butter (milk), cornflour, beef stock (yeast extract, water, beef bone stock, salt, molasses, tomato purée, dried onions, sunflower oil, black pepper), tomato purée,
free range egg yolk, red wine stock (red wine concentrate, water,
yeast extract, potatoes, salt, sugar, dried onions, sunflower oil, black pepper, thyme oil),
rapeseed oil, garlic purée, beef gelatine, breadcrumbs (wheat flour (wheat flour,
calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), yeast, salt), Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (milk),
dijon mustard (water, mustard seeds, vinegar, salt), salt, parsley, black pepper, rosemary, thyme.
Secret ingredient: obsession
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May contain peanuts, nuts and sesame.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
A little bit
on the side
GLAZED CARROTS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
3 medium carrots, peeled
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Cut the carrots into batons and cook in boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the sugar snap peas for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain well, then return to the pan with butter, honey and the parsley.
3. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss together until the butter melts.
If you’re in a wine mood, a juicy rioja or bordeaux would be perfect. A traditional British ale would also go down a treat with this classic dish.