CHICKEN & MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Creamy chicken risotto with roasted mushrooms and bacon, topped with a parsley and Regato cheese crumb.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the risotto in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
Cream (milk), chicken (14%), rice (water, rice) button mushrooms (11%), onions, milk, white wine (sulphites), rapeseed oil, smoked bacon (pork, water, salt, preservatives: potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, antioxidant: sodium ascorbate*), wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), lemon juice, Regato cheese (milk), garlic purée, chicken extract, mushroom concentrate, pork gelatine, cornflour, salt, parsley, soy sauce (water, soya beans, wheat, salt), porcini mushroom powder, sage, sugar, water, thyme, black pepper, tarragon, dried mushrooms, carrot purée, leek purée, sea salt.
*Don’t worry, this is part of the traditional curing method of smoked bacon.
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May also contain nuts, peanuts and sesame.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
A little bit
on the side
FRESH GREEN SALAD
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
2. Add the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve alongside a creamy Charlie Bigham’s Chicken & Mushroom Risotto.
You might ordinarily reach for a bottle of white when chicken is on the menu, but the mushrooms in this dish give it a richness that pairs beautifully with fruity reds. Try a beaujolais or pinot noir.