Chicken & mushroom pies
Tender chicken in our creamy mushroom sauce, topped with our light, flaky puff pastry.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove all packaging, leaving the pies in their dishes. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place the dishes on a tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown. Make sure your pies are piping hot throughout.
- Leave to stand for 4 minutes before serving in their dishes. Be careful, they’ll be hot.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress!
Chicken (29%), wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), button mushrooms (12%), cream (milk), water, onions, white wine, rapeseed oil, sustainable palm oil, butter (milk), chicken stock (chicken, dried potatoes, water, yeast extract, salt, chicken fat), oyster mushrooms, Fino sherry, white wine vinegar, salt, shiitake mushrooms, cornflour, garlic purée, nameko mushrooms, porcini mushroom powder, tarragon, black pepper.
Secret ingredient: obsession.
WARNING: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens used in this recipe, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients highlighted in bold. May also contain nuts, peanuts and sesame.
Please note: We are constantly reviewing our recipes to ensure they are as delicious as possible. Try as we might, sometimes we are not as quick to update our website.
Please always check the sleeve found on your dish for the most up to date information.
Our Chef Recommends
Our ramekins are great, they make our pies feel a bit special. Which they are. The pie mixture is cooked like you would at home – slowly and with lots of love.More about ABI
Goes Best With
GARDEN PEAS WITH MINTED BUTTER
200g green peas (from about 500g of fresh pods, or you could use frozen)
2 tbsp butter (to sauté the onions)
¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
10g fresh mint, chopped
1. Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 mins until they tender.
2. In a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover the bottom and keep the peas from scorching (about 4 tbsp). Add the peas and onion. Cover and cook over a medium heat until the peas are tender (about 5—10 minutes, depending on size and freshness). If the butter is not at room temperature, melt it while the peas are cooking.
3. When the peas are done, drain them, then add the butter and mint. Serve with a freshly baked Charlie Bigham’s Chicken & Mushroom Pie.
Smooth dry white wines, like chardonnay, would be our tipple of choice here. Either that or a bright, fruity cider.