Chicken Kyiv with garlic & parsley butter
Tender chicken breast filled with garlic and fresh parsley butter, covered in a Mediterranean ciabatta and Parmesan crumb.
We’ve renamed our Chicken Kiev to Chicken Kyiv to show our support to Ukraine. We will continue to give all our fundraising donations to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film, then lift the two chicken kyivs out of their wooden tray and place directly on a baking tray, together with the greaseproof paper.
- Place the baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Make sure they’re piping hot throughout and leave to stand for 4 minutes before serving. Be careful when cutting into your kyiv – the filling gets very hot.
A little bit
on the side
BEEF TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL AND BALSAMIC SALAD
2 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Arrange the slices of tomato on a plate and layer with basil leaves.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad and finish off with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
White wines with a touch of acidity pair well with the oozy butteriness of this dish. A zingy Sauvignon Blanc or Chablis would be just the ticket.