How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!).
- Remove the film but leave the korma and rice in their wooden trays*.
- Unfold the foil we’ve provided and tightly wrap over the top of the rice.
- Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
1 free-range egg
½ onion, sliced
60g plain flour
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra if needed
Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the onion rings, mixing well. Throw in the flour, coriander and cumin, and stir well. Heat the oil in a pan and fry over a medium heat. Add a large spoonful of mixture to the pan and cook for 30-40 seconds until golden brown, turn over and fry for another 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
A mild, fragrant curry like this one needs to be treated to a light and fruity wine to prevent it from being overpowered. We think a chilled bottle of Viognier is just the thing. Be wary of reds, as most will overpower this dish.