How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas
mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!).
- Remove the film but leave the chicken kievs in their wooden tray*.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 4 minutes after cooking and be careful when cutting into your kiev – the filling gets very hot.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they don’t touch the element or gas flame.
A little bit
on the side
BEEF TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL AND BALSAMIC SALAD
2 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Arrange the slices of tomato on a plate and layer with basil leaves.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad and finish off with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
White wines with a touch of acidity pair well with the oozy, butteriness of this dish. A zingy sauvignon blanc or chablis would be just the ticket.