How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
2. Remove the film but leave the rice in its wooden tray*. Unfold the foil we’ve provided and tightly wrap over the top of the rice.
3. Place the rice tray on a baking tray in the centre of the oven. After 15 minutes, remove the 4 chicken fillets and the sauce pot from the wooden tray. Pierce the sauce pot film and then place them directly on the baking tray next to the rice.
4. Cook for a further 15 minutes. **If using a gas oven, add 5 minutes extra to each cooking stage.
5. Take care when removing the tray from the oven. Make sure everything is piping hot throughout and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
**Don’t worry, 15 minutes is long enough as the chicken isn’t raw.
A little bit
on the side
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
a pinch of chilli flakes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
225g green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix the honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the green beans.
3. Cook for 2 to 3 mins on a high-ish heat, then add the garlic and ginger. Keep cooking until the garlic is golden brown – it should only take a minute.
4. Add the sauce and stir-fry for another minute. Add salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish and serve.
Delicious with ice-cold sparkling water, a wedge of lemon and ice.