How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the gratin in its wooden tray*.
- Place tray on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven, just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
Crushed minted Peas and Broad Beans
80g fresh peas
80g podded young broad beans
1/2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1/2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
sea salt and black pepper
- Blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water. After 3 mins add the podded beans and cook for a further 1 min. Drain both in a colander and transfer to a bowl of iced water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain well again and pop the broad beans from their skins. Crush the peas and beans together with the back of a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the crushed peas and beans and heat gently. Stir through the chopped herbs and season generously with black pepper and salt to taste.
We’d serve with a good wooded Chardonnay.