How to Cook
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Remove the film and place the two en croutes, with the greaseproof paper, onto a baking tray. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg.
- Cook for 22 minutes in the centre of the oven. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure they’re piping hot throughout.
Goes Best With
GLAZED CARROTS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
3 medium carrots, peeled
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Cut the carrots into batons and cook in boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the sugar snap peas for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain well, then return to the pan with butter, honey and the parsley.
3. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss together until the butter melts.
What could be better than to sip a chilled glass of crisp, dry white wine with this comforting dish? A chenin blanc, chardonnay, or sauvignon blanc would do the job nicely.