How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove pie from the box. For best results, brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*.
- Place the pie (still in its case) on a tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes, before gently removing from the case. Be careful, it will be hot.
Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Don’t worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress.
A little bit
on the side
Crushed minted Peas and Broad Beans
80g fresh peas
80g podded young broad beans
1/2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1/2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
sea salt and black pepper
- Blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water. After 3 mins add the podded beans and cook for a further 1 min. Drain both in a colander and transfer to a bowl of iced water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain well again and pop the broad beans from their skins. Crush the peas and beans together with the back of a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the crushed peas and beans and heat gently. Stir through the chopped herbs and season generously with black pepper and salt to taste.
We’d serve with a good wooded Chardonnay.