How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
2. Remove the film but leave the food in their wooden trays*.
3. Unfold the foil we’ve provided and tightly wrap over the top of the dhal.
4. Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 25 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
5. Make sure they’re piping hot throughout. Leave to stand for 2 minutes and stir well before serving.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
a pinch of chilli flakes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
225g green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix the honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the green beans.
3. Cook for 2 to 3 mins on a high-ish heat, then add the garlic and ginger. Keep cooking until the garlic is golden brown – it should only take a minute.
4. Add the sauce and stir-fry for another minute. Add salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish and serve.
Delicious with ice-cold sparkling water, a wedge of lemon and ice.