How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
2. Remove the film but leave the cauliflower macaroni cheese in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
3. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element of flame.
Goes Best With
OVEN ROASTED PLUM TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD
6 plum tomatoes, halved, seeds (not cores) removed
1 tbsp good olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g fresh, salted mozzarella
12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 135ºC/115ºC fan/
gas mark 1.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut sides up, in a single layer.
Drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic, sugar, 1 ½ tsp salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices slightly less than half an inch thick and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve at room temperature with a freshly baked
Charlie Bigham’s Macaroni Cheese.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.