CAULIFLOWER MACARONI CHEESE
Macaroni pasta, cauliflower and spinach in our traditional creamy cheese sauce, topped with a crispy ciabatta crumb.
How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
2. Remove the film but leave the cauliflower macaroni cheese in its wooden tray*. Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 35 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 5 minutes.
3. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven. Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element of flame.
Cream (milk), Cheddar cheese (21%) (milk), macaroni pasta (20%) (durum wheat semolina, water), milk, cauliflower (10%), spinach, white wine, mozzarella cheese (milk), Regato cheese (milk), wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), ciabatta breadcrumbs (wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), sunflower oil, olive oil, yeast, salt, sea salt), butter (milk), pumpkin seeds, rapeseed oil, mustard powder, cornflour, salt, parsley, ground nutmeg, white pepper, yeast.
Secret ingredient: Obsession
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS
per ½ pack
(of which saturates)
(of which sugars)
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May contain peanuts, nuts and sesame and soya
Goes Best With
OVEN ROASTED PLUM TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD
6 plum tomatoes, halved, seeds (not cores) removed
1 tbsp good olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g fresh, salted mozzarella
12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 135ºC/115ºC fan/
gas mark 1.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut sides up, in a single layer.
Drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic, sugar, 1 ½ tsp salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices slightly less than half an inch thick and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve at room temperature with a freshly baked
Charlie Bigham’s Macaroni Cheese.
This sumptuous dish can be paired with a variety of wines, depending on your mood. Try a smooth chardonnay, a bright, appley riesling or even a soft red, like a merlot.