How to Cook
This recipe is made with some raw ingredients and isn’t suitable for microwaving, so please follow these cooking instructions carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. (Be careful not to grill by mistake!)
- Remove the film but leave the butter chicken and rice in their wooden trays*.
- Unfold the foil we’ve provided and tightly wrap over the top of the rice.
- Place both trays on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven, cook for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Make sure it’s piping hot throughout.
*Our wooden trays are designed for the oven.Just make sure they aren’t placed close to any element or flame.
A little bit
on the side
A quick naan
250g plain flour
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
Melted butter to serve
Sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the milk, yoghurt and oil. Slowly mix together the dough by working from the centre and incorporating the flour from the edges to make a soft dough. Knead well for 5 mins. If it is a little sticky you can add a little flour. Leave to rest for 5-10 mins. Divide dough into 4 evenly sized balls.
Roll the dough balls out quite thinly and press the chopped garlic into the top. Place the naans onto a hot baking sheet and grill for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Brush with the melted butter and serve.
A curry like this calls for a delicious, crisp chardonnay. Although, if you’re feeling bit posh, why not opt for a nice bottle of champagne?