Being the best we can be
Without wishing to go over the top, we have a truly wonderful bunch of people working with us here at Charlie Bigham’s. Talented, funny, clever, friendly, hardworking… I really couldn’t ask for more.
And, to be frank, when you’ve got such a good bunch, you don’t want them to go running off anywhere. So that means creating an inspiring and rewarding environment, which doesn’t just happen, you need to work at it. So we do.
Making Charlie Bigham’s a lovely place to work
We want to be one of the best places to work… ever! Ambitious, perhaps, but it’s an honourable goal, I think, and one we’re doing everything we can to achieve…
- For us, building a good career is about constantly learning new things, so we’re investing more and more in staff training; and we’d always rather promote people than hire new bods.
- As much as we hate the phrase ‘work/life balance’, we do think it’s important to be flexible. So, many of our people have the option to work from home, as and when it’s convenient.
- We offer private pensions and free private medical care as well as special awards for people who’ve stuck with us through thick and thin. And we’re not talking about carriage clocks.
- Every six months we do a big survey to find out how everyone thinks we’re doing, as well as pick their brains on how we could make things even better.
- All our employees get a yearly profit-sharing bonus and, of course, everyone gets to eat very well indeed. Always a top priority as far as I’m concerned!
> For more details on careers with us, click here